Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Make-it - March 17

I have been busy creating things this weekend.  It seems that most of it is for St. Patrick's Day.



Here are my projects for March.






I made these rainbow candy bags for my kiddos at school.  I used Rolo candy and rainbow twizzlers (I didn't know they made them).  I found the idea on Pinterest and you can find it here.  It was a super easy project.







I, also, made some goodie bags with Rainbow Chex Mix for the Kinder teachers and school secretaries using Chex and Lucky Charm cereal.  It tastes really yummy.  Hubby was eating the leftovers in the pan.  Recipe is here.







I made my St. Patrick's sensory box.

Green rice, split peas, bead necklaces (cut-up), pom poms, little hats, gold coins, buttons and a leprechaun.  My kids begged me to make them one.

I love shopping for everything that goes into these boxes.  I look at the Dollar Spot at Target and craft stores.  The goodies are either on sale or a dollar.






I made a Mickey St. Patrick's shirt.  I was looking for one when we went to Disneyland the other day, but I couldn't find one.  This was super easy and inexpensive.  

A $3 shirt from Michaels, wonder under (had) and shamrock material (had).  I love being able to use supplies that I already own.






Ribbon dance rings


I found these plastic rings at the conference - 4 for $1


I tied left over ribbon from my center leis to three of the holes - two to three ribbons per hole.

I started to make them rainbow rings, but decided to make them individual colors that I can use for color songs.  I think they will make a great movement activity.

I can't wait to see what everyone else has made this month.


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I want the Rainbow Chex mix and Rainbow Twizzlers...YUM! Your sensory bin and Mickey shirt turned out great! See...now it's time for you to start thinking about your Easter sensory bin...lol! Hope you find something fun at the Dollar store! xo
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I wish I was in your class today for all of those amazing treats and St. Patty's Day surprises!!! Your ideas are great and all of your projects turned out amazing! Thanks for sharing!
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love everything about this post. Great treats. I love the rainbow twizzlers and that chex mis looks delicious. You have been very busy crafting.

    ReplyDelete