I finished my first month of school, whew. It has been a challenging month, but we made it. It seems like that I have been doing lots of creating to balance my busy class, but not a lot of projects getting finished. My hubby says that I have been brain spinning, a lot. We went to Disneyland, yesterday, for some stress release and I came home with 4 new project ideas.
I am linking up with 4th Grade Frolics to share a couple of the projects that I finished this week.
My classroom is a Disney theme, this year - so you will be seeing a lot of Mickey stuff in my room.
I wanted to add plants to my classroom, but I wanted the pots to be cute.
These pots are on the bigger size, 8 inches (I think). I found everything that I needed for this project laying around in my house, except for the plants.
I painted the outside of the pot white, first. Then, painted the red or black on - the red and black paint covers better with a base of white. The polka dots were made with a polka dot sponge that I got at Hobby Lobby, a while ago.
I sealed them with Mod Podge, because I didn't want to go buy a sealer. It worked great.
I love the way they turned out.
I went to Home Depot before school to buy the plants. Apparently, when you buy a plant sometimes they include a free lizard as a bonus. I was putting one of the plants in the pot, 2 hours after I bought it, and there was a lizard on one of the leaves. I might have let out a little scream, okay, a big scream. I am so thankful, it didn't decided to leave the plant when I was driving.
I am loving this next project. It was so much fun to make. It is a great way to recycle all the stuff that we having laying around the house. The only thing that I bought were some extra pompoms. I made one as a sample and my 20 month old grandson played with it for 15 minutes. Then, he hid it from me - so he could play with it later, lol. I am going to make him and the twins a set - I guess I need to drink more water.
I made 12 color sensory bottles. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, white, gray, brown, black and rainbow.
The key is to only fill them up a little more than halfway. If, you fill them all the way then you can't see all the goodies inside.
Here is a sample of what I put in my yellow bottle. The plastic eggs and paper clips I got from the Dollar Store, earlier in the year. The ribbon was left over from my center leis. The flowers are from my scrapbooking bin. I have a huge container of buttons.
I made sorting mats with the color words, so after they played with them - they could sort by color word.
I made a packet of the directions, photos of all the bottles and the sorting mats. You can find it here for free.
The next make-it was a result of our trip to Disneyland, yesterday. I was inspired by this.
A whole wall of Jelly Bellies. They started to look like little pompoms. I discovered that they had different mixes. My favorite was this.
A Mickey Mouse mix of jelly bellies. Which led to this.
After, I had my nap - I went to the Party store and bought some confetti packs to add to the bottle. It didn't take very much, still have a bunch left. The crystal Mickeys are from a sticker sheet, the kind that is on plastic. I left it attached to the plastic and cut around them.
My finished Mickey sensory bottles. My dad saved the little bottles for me, perfect size for the grand kids.
Have a great week, I'm going to make more bottles - Disney style.