Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Monday make it

I didn't get much made this week because hubby has been driving me around the island. I was able to see things that I have never seen before. Some of the places we went - he had never seen either. He was born here, so it was nice to experience it together

Today, a friend is taking me to Mauna Kea. He has a truck, so we should be able to go farther up the road. I am hoping to find some silversword plants. They are so beautiful - it would make my trip to find one with flowers, which is really rare.

Here are my goodies for the week. A quilt top, almost done. It took forever. I swear the squares were multiplying on the table.

I finished up 3 picture frames for my Student of the Month, Terrific Kid and an extra one for a class award. This year I will have 30 kids and only be able to hand out 18 awards at the assembly - so I will be doing more in class awards for my babes. They are wood frames with mod-podge scrapbook paper, then added some local cut outs. I love them. I am going to add them to my calendar wall.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful! I love the frames, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 30 kids! Puts things into perspective for me.
    The frames are really cute. I don't feel right about giving awards to only some kids in my class and not others. That is very nice of you to include the rest of your kiddos.
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! I love those frames, too. That's a cool idea -- maybe I'll do that!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog on the hop! I am thrilled to be a new follower.
    Happy Teaching,
    Laura
    TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students

    ReplyDelete
  5. the frames came out so cute =) im your newest follower...drop by



    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete