I am linking up with Kacey for Five for Friday linky party.
I don't have anything to show this week from my classroom, because I am off (sorry Jenny). I, always, have plans to get so much accomplished - but it doesn't always happen that way. Here are my 5 for this week.
1. Wednesday was my birthday, I am getting so old. It was a day filled with email and facebook messages from friends. I had lunch with hubby at Panera Bread, my favorite place. We realized that the food is really good, but soooo overpriced. We are now on a mission to create the same thing at home, for less money out of our pockets. It was nice, just sitting there, talking to hubby - especially since he flew in the night before. We were able to do some long range planning for us and made some decision about our time commitment to hubby staying with his mom. He has been there for two years and she is doing really well. I don't want to see hubby, only every 4 months - but I want to keep his mom comfortable in her own home.
2. Hubby and youngest son spent the afternoon, bonding and cooking. My mother in law has been teaching my hubby to cook. Hubby decided to show my son how to make the sweet 'n sour rib recipe. It was was nice hearing them in the kitchen, when I was knitting. They even cleaned up their mess. We will have it for dinner tonight, since it always tastes better the next day.
3. I, always, spend a lot of my time reading when I am on break. I read every night before I go to bed, just to shut the mind off - but when I work I end up re-reading a lot of stuff. This is a book I picked up this week. It is full of journal prompts that you just glue and write on the pages of the book. I got it for my birthday, so I really haven't had a chance to do anything with it, yet. I tend to be a person that needs creativity in my life - in order to find balance. I am hoping that this book will help that.
4. I have been knitting for the babies. I am making 4 identical baby blankets, at the same time. This is about 1/3 finished for the first one. I am using a little bit of each of the yarns. Remember, the box of yarn from last week - this is part of it.
5. I found out that my niece is having a girl. I am so excited and happy for her. My poor grandson, he is in the middle 3 girls before and now, 3 girls after. I wish she lived closer to us, but if hubby and my plan works out, then I will be able to see her more often.
I hope that you have had a great week, go link up with Kacey. Last week, I made it through about half of the linky blogs - because I was sick. The week before, I visited all of them. It took me a couple of days, but I did it and have met some new friends along the way.