Monday, July 1, 2013

School is out

Or at least for a day. Today is my day off before the new school year and I am going to enjoy every minute of it. I am heading to lunch with a friend and hopefully I will get a Monday make it made later this afternoon.

I teach at a year round school, so school starts tomorrow working in our rooms for two days then kids come back July 8.  I usually have July off but this year I changed grades and track.  My break isn't until September. I can't wait to meet my new little ones.

Last week, was very emotional for me.  I was leaving a grade I loved and some very good friends - but I love the idea of teaching Transitional Kinder.  Our principal retired - we are getting one of old Assistant Principals back, love them both. I, think, too many changes along with packing up 7 years of teaching first grade - was way too much for me to handle.  Then, add no break equals emotional overload.  Hubby is flying in on Wednesday for the month, so I will get to spend time with him on the weekends.  I have made a huge Honey Do List for him.

I made candy leis for each of my first graders with help from my mom and daughter in law. My kids loved them.  It took a couple of evenings but worth it.  I got the plastic tubing in Hawaii, so it made it really simple.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Those leis look really cool!
    Good luck with your new grade:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kiddos must have loved those leis! I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures in TK.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete