Friday, October 5, 2012

Week 3 - Monet


Our PTA pays for our "Art Smarts" program and I love it.  This program provides an assembly to tell the kids about the life of the artist and show some of his/her work.  Then an art teacher comes to our classroom once for 45 minutes during a two week period.  It is extra special for me, because my art teacher is always a former student's parent.  I had her son when I started teaching and we have remained friends.  Don't you just love those kind of parents.   My kids love it and I love it.  This time I was smart enough to take pictures of the kiddos creating their works of art.  Kinder and First created "Poppies"












The other thing that I love about this program - not every grade does the same project.  Second grade does a different art project than Sixth Grade.  It is wonderful.  When I grow up I want to work for Patrice the owner of "Art Smarts".


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I love kids artwork!! The pictures are wonderful:) Our PTCA is also very supportive of art. We have an art teacher that comes once a month and they give us money to buy art supplies each year:)

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful, Terri! You're lucky to have that program.
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
  3. What at awesome program! Their picture are wonderful. They look like they should be in a frame. :-)

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete