Sunday, August 5, 2012

I am Ready.....

I think.  Oh my gosh, I am so tired.  I know all of your understand the feeling.  My husband - not so much.  He will call me and ask me if I am still at work, my response is "yup".  It is a good thing he is so far away.  I did manage to take a 2 hour nap today, I sure needed it. 

So here is the first part of my room.  I am really liking the way it turned out. But, I still could spend another week getting it ready.   Thirty kids take up a ton of room, eekk.



My behavior clip chart from Corinna at Surfin' Through Second.  I started using a clip chart last May and loved it - when I saw Corinna's clip chart I knew I HAD to have it.  Notice where the chevron ends, that is for a normal class size.  Now, see how much I needed to add - geez.  It is almost 6 feet high, but I have a step stool for my darlings.


Next to my door is "How We Go Home" by Michelle at Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera.  It was super easy - print, laminate, add ribbon and finished.  She has a bunch of different icons in the packet.

 On the other side of the door.  Class rules, 100 mile chart, my portable word wall (love it), district required posters and those black things are two additional cubbies for my 30 darlings.  I didn't get a good picture of the class rules, they are from Cara Carroll - I will take another picture and link up tomorrow.

Portable word wall is from Tonya at Tonya's Treats for Teachers.  You print out the letters, glue to index cards, laminate, hole punch and they are done.  You add your own grade level appropriate words.  I wrote all my student's names and a few sight words - to start.

My calendar wall - it is not crooked, I was really tired.  The beach pieces are from Jen at The Teacher's Cauldron.  The rest of it I made.  The clocks are from the dollar section at Target.



Above the paper is my beach alphabet and beach numbers by Jen at The Teacher's Cauldron.  The clock numbers are from Clutter-Free Classroom - super easy to use.

Well, that is all for tonight.  I am heading to sleep, I have a hard time sleeping the night before.  I get the "First Grade Jitters", will probably be awake by 3, again.



Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I love it! Come link up to my linky. You might win some more class names. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so great Terri!! I know how tired you feel, believe me!! Your kids are gonna love it!! Get your rest and good luck on your first day:) I love your clip chart, but your already know that;)

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri! Your room looks amazing! I'm loving everything! Have a great first day!

    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your room looks great! Very organized!!!!

    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri!! I love your word wall cards... My new classroom has ZERO wall space (who does that in a brand new school, seriously?!) So your idea might just be the perfect thing for me!

    Maybe as a new word is introduced it gets taped to the front board for a week or two, then have a group of students who is working on letters put the words in the right card ring. Then have a second higher group go back and alphabetize the words on the ring? Just an idea! So awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your calendar! So tidy and neat. :) Curious what the days of the week spots are for?

    ReplyDelete