Saturday, August 18, 2012

Inclement Weather


Yup, two weeks of inclement weather with 29 new first graders - this teacher is exhausted. I know you all know the feeling.  I have been at school every day until after 5 getting things done.  

I love my sweet class (there is a lot of them) but we will get it figured out.  After lunch the first day, about 4 kids put their backpacks on.  I couldn't figure out what they were doing (I was tired).

"Why, do you have your backpack on," I said.

One of my cuties said, "it is time to go home."

I said, "not yet, we still have 3 hours."

Cutie said, "Are you kidding me?"

Sorry babe, if I have to stay - so do you.  Too funny, figured out he was morning kinder.  He is adorable.

My son is kidnapping me, at the moment.  We are heading to the beach for dinner and a walk.  I think he is tired of seeing his mom at the dining room table working on school goodies every night, lol

I have more pictures to post of my room - will do it tomorrow.  Enjoy your Saturday.   Oh, I also spent way too much money at the TpT sale last weekend, geez. Good thing hubby is in Hawaii.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I was subbing once and the kids tried to tell me it was lunchtime...at 9am! Enjoy the beach!!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite line on the first day of Grade 1 - "Is it playtime yet?" - and that is about 5 minutes into the day.

    ReplyDelete